Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Personal DSLR Post

This blog post will consist of random photos I've taken while I talk about things unrelated to them. Why? Because I feel like it.


Ever since I started taking photos in my backyard, I've learned a lot of new things about my camera. The way it works, new ways to use it, and creative ways to see things I see everyday differently.

Soon, I expanded around areas I sometimes visit and started to take photos there as well. Honestly, it felt great to be going back to a state park in my town to take photos of things and experiment with my camera a little more.

Now... I don't even know what to take photos of anymore.

Or maybe, I don't feel like I'm getting anything out of my equipment other than just photos.


I can't own a DSLR just to take a high quality photo of a crack in the ground, or the stars in a night sky, some random coastal beach, a tree branch, a bird, etc. I feel like I can still get more out of my camera, but I can't find what.

I've turned to DeviantArt.com where I've posted my most creative shots, but all I really get out of them are a few favorites on some photos. I post some to Twitter, but I don't really get any reactions from other people. I have even turned to Tumblr where I sometimes post interesting shots. Not much I'm getting out of there as well.

Maybe I need to voice myself a little more. Maybe I need to bug people so I'll get their attention. I just don't know who to turn to.

Hmm... I'll keep thinking about this. When I come up with a solution to fill this hollow area inside of me, I'll make another post.

-M82

No comments:

Post a Comment